Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Peace

Just poppin' in under the wire for a card that I'm linking to Muse: ChristmasVisions.
The Muse:

My take:

I embossed the poinsettia and the wood word in gold. Watercolored the poinsettia with a metallic mint gelato. Added some gold beads for the center. I decided to use some washi with gold and silver snowflakes to add a little interest on the side, before adhering the panel to the card. 


I added a little close up so you could see the metallic shimmer.

ETA:
Woo hoo! Thanks  I'm honored! 


Thanks for coming by and have a great day!
Monica

Supplies:
Stampin' Up- Joyful Christmas
Faber-Castell- Metallic Mint gelato
Ranger- Gold embossing powder and watercolor cardstock
Misc- gold beads, washi tape, wood veneer sentiment

6 comments:

  1. It's a great card - I really love the washi tape on the edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shimmer and the gold embossing, Monica! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gold embossing and the colour on the poinsettia is gorgeous with the gold! How clever to emboss the wood peace. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that gold and mint is delicious, love this! x

    ReplyDelete